Southern Style Fried Chicken
This classic Southern recipe is served with a creamy spring onion and black pepper mayonnaise for a real kick.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
400g boiled chicken breast, cut into large chunks
400g plain flour
2tsp smoky paprika
2tsp chili powder
2tsp onion powder
2tsp dried mixed herbs
2 spring onion, sliced thinly
1 litre vegetable oil
* This recipe requires the optional trivet accessory
- Remove the grill and replace with the optional trivet accessory
- Place wok or deep pot with vegetable oil on trivet and turn on the burner directly underneath
- If using a thermometer, heat vegetable oil until it reaches 180 degrees. If not, test the oil by dropping in a cube of bread, if it starts frying, it’s ready.
- In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Add the spring onions to the mayonnaise and season well with black pepper.
- Coat the chicken pieces with the flour and spice mix. Make sure they are well coated.
- Once the oil is up to temperature, gently drop into the hot oil and deep fry until golden brown (2-3 minutes).
- Take out and place on to absorbent paper to drain excess oil.
- Serve Hot.