Scallops with Black Pudding & Tomato Sauce
Teaming the delicate flavour of scallops with bold black pudding works a treat in this dish
Cooking Time: approx. 1 hour
Homemade Tomato Sauce:
2 small onion, diced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
4 large red chili, deseeded, sliced
2 tin tomatoes
12 scallops, cleaned, taken out from shell.
12 thick slices of black pudding
Tip: If black pudding is not available this dish will also work with a quality Italian sausage cut into disks.
- Make tomato sauce. Sweat down the onion and garlic with the chili in a little olive oil, once cooked add in tinned tomatoes, cook out for a further 15 minutes. Season and blend until smooth.
- Turn on both burners and pre-heat the bbq with the hood down to 200 degrees.
- Season the black pudding disks and oil lightly, place on the hot grill and cook each side for about 1 1/2 minutes, once cooked set aside.
- Season and oil the scallops. Add to the grill and sear. Once they have a mark from the grill on them flip them and do the same to the other side. This should take about 30 seconds each side.
- To plate, place the black pudding on a plate and place the hot scallop on top. Drizzle with a generous amount of tomato sauce, scatter baby herbs around the plate and serve.