Rolled Pork Roast with Crispy Crackling
You can’t beat a great pork crackling and this recipe will prove to be a family favourite!
Cooking Time: 2 hours
2kg rolled pork – scored and tied
*Ensure the baking dish is BBQ proof
- Set up your grill for indirect cooking (Refer to the product manual)
- Place the pork in a large dish and pour boiling water from a kettle directly onto the scored skin.
- Transfer the pork to a BBQ proof baking dish and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Drizzle with olive oil and rub into the score marks.
- Sprinkle with salt flakes and rub into the score marks.
- Once the BBQ is pre-heated, place the baking dish onto the grill as per manual instructions. Cook at 250 degrees for 10 minutes. The high heat will help the skin start to crackle.
- After 10 minutes, reduce the heat to 190 degress and cook for approx. 1 hour per kilo.
- For the final 10 minutes, turn the burners back up to 250 degrees to finish off the crackling. This will ensure the crackling is crunchy.