Piri Piri Chicken Salad
Those who like their food with a bit of a kick will enjoy the heat brought by the piri-piri sauce, a popular chilli sauce originating from Portugal, in which the chicken is marinated and cooked.
Cooking Time: 25 – 30 minutes
6 chicken drum sticks, skin on
1/2 red onion, chopped up
2 cloves of garlic, peeled
1 small chili, deseeded
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1/2 lemon, juiced
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoons honey
200g rocket leaf, washed
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat the bbq to 200 degrees.
- Put the chicken in a bowl, oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the onion, garlic, chili, spices, lemon, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and honey into a blender. Season well with salt and pepper and blend until smooth.
- Turn the burners down to low and lay the legs directly onto the hot grill.
- Cook with the hood down for 20-25 mins. Baste the chicken every so often with the piri piri sauce as you turn them over so they don’t burn.
- In a bowl mix the rocket with the cherry tomatoes, toss with the cooked chicken, serve.