Grilled Octopus Salad
Australians love their seafood and there’s nothing better than cooking fresh seafood on the BBQ on a summer’s day…
Cooking Time: Will vary
500g octopus legs
1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
1 small red onion, cut into
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
400g rocket leaves, washed
6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Pre-heat the grill to 200 degrees with the hood closed.
- Whisk together the vinegar and 3 times that of olive oil until emulsified, season.
- Toss the veg in a large bowl.
- Oil and season the octopus legs and place on the hot grill. Cooking with the hood up, turn now and again to get the heat on all sides. Depending on how large the legs are cooking times will vary, what you are looking for are nice bar marks on the flesh and the octopus to feel firm to the touch.
- Once the octopus feels ready, turn off the grill. Add to the rest of the ingredients and dress with the dressing.
- Mix well and serve.