Cinnamon French Toast with Maple & Pecan Butter
Ohhh la la…Start the day off with a bang with this mouth-watering French toast recipe, a real sweet treat!
Cooking Time:15 minutes
2 thick slices of bread
2 slices of streaky bacon
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
100g butter, softened
20g toasted pecan nuts, chopped
20ml maple syrup
- Remove one grill and replace with optional flat hotplate, smooth side up.
- Turn on the burner directly under the grill and wait a few minutes until the grill has heated up.
- Cook the bacon on the grill for approximately 10 minutes till crispy, set aside. Turn off the burner.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together, set aside
- In a bowl mix the butter, maple syrup and pecans. Once mixed place on a piece of cling wrap.
- Form the butter mix into a log shape in the centre of the cling wrap and fold cling wrap over it. Roll into a log holding both ends of the log rolling it towards you. tie off the ends and place in the fridge to set.
- Pre-heat the BBQ with the hood down for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl whisk eggs and milk together. One at a time lay the bread in the egg mix to soak it up, turn bread carefully once so there is an even soak
- Once hot, lightly oil the hotplate with cooking spray. Fry the eggy bread until golden brown on both sides (approximately 3-4 minutes each side) and the center feels firm to the touch, if soggy continue to cook on a low heat.
- Once cooked dust the bread with the sugar and slice the butter on top of the hot toast so it melts over the surface, serve with the cooked bacon