Cider & Chilli Mussels
Quick and easy to whip up, these mussels have just the right amount of sweetness and heat to really hit the spot!
Cooking Time: Approx. 5 minutes
1kg mussels, washed and clean and closed
200ml apple cider
1 small onion finely chopped
1 segment of garlic, minced
1 red chilli,sliced
1 bunch of coriander, washed and chopped
- Set up the grill with the optional trivet accessory
- Turn on the burner directly under the trivet, add a little oil to a wok and heat until just smoking. Fry off the onion, garlic and chili.
- Once the onion has softened, add the butter until just melted and take off the heat. Store in a container and set aside.
- Clean the wok by wiping it clean, place back on the heat and wait until it gets very very hot.
- Tip the mussels into the wok and add the cider and quickly cover the wok with a large pot lid so as to trap the steam made by the cider boiling.
- Shake the wok around to rotate the mussels inside, the steam is what’s cooking the mussels.
- The mussels are cooked once they are open (approx. 5 minutes).
- Remove the pot lid. Once all mussels are open add the cream and the butter mix.
- Toss together with the coriander and season, serve hot.