Cajun Roast Chicken with Vegetables
Treat the family to a traditional Sunday roast with a spicy twist!
Cooking Time: Approx. 1 hour
1 whole chicken
4 Tablespoons Cajun spice powder
4 roasting potatoes, peeled, quartered
1 sweet potato, peeled, quartered
5 cloves of garlic – peeled
1 clove of garlic – minced and lightly fried
1/2 small onion – diced and lightly fried
1/2 bunch of thyme – chopped
2 slices of stale bread, blitzed in a food processor
- Set up the BBQ for indirect cooking (Refer to product manual)
- Combine fried onion, fried garlic, thyme, butter and bread crumbs together and set aside.
- Mix the Cajun spice with a little oil until its looser than a paste, then roll the chicken in it to coat.
- Stuff the chicken with the breadcrumb mix
- Place the chicken in the baking dish and ensure to use a wire rack to elevate the chicken. Surround the chicken with potatoes, sweet potatoes and garlic cloves – Drizzle vegetables with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the baking dish in the BBQ. Be careful – The grill is very hot.
- Cook with the hood down for an hour or until chicken is cooked (when the juices run clear if you cut into the thickest part)